Friday, October 09, 2009

That award...

You've heard about the latest award that Obama's been given haven't you?



HT. to Ace of Spades HQ

UPDATE: My clock radio is set for KBSU at 6:00 AM. Very literally, the first thing I heard this morning was that President Obama had one the Nobel Peace Prize. My wife and I responded in the exact same words: "Bleh."

First, that's an awful way to wake up. At very least, they should've delayed the announcement until everyone had had an opportunity to down a cup of coffee or tea. Heck, they didn't evehn wake up the President to tell him. Why did they have to launch us out of our morning reveries pre-revery?

Second, as anyone who is conscious has noted, he hasn't really accomplished anything yet. When Europeans are thinking this award might be a poison chalice, perhaps there's an indication* that the praise has been overwrought. For Pete's sake, if you want to congratulate us for breaking out of the bonds of racism, please remove your own shackles first. Maybe then you can actually put your hands together.

I find Obama the man unobjectionable as an individual, even though I vehemently disagree with his beliefs. I find the icon of Obama that has been raised up and paraded about to be disturbing.
Post a Comment