Sunday, August 02, 2009

How I Spent My Afternoon

I went to sight in and shoot my new AR-15!

I purchased this rifle back on November, while I was clinging to my bible (RSV) and religion, but it took me some time before I could get the right optic for it. Then things got busy. Finally, I picked an Eotech red-dot sight, and started haranguing my friend Mark to go out and help me sight it in (since I've never done this). Anyhow, today was the day.

After a little confusion as to how to attach the optic, we got it installed, and I took a few shots. It really took far less time than I expected, and we were away and turning our targets into shreds in no time.

I left my phone in the car, but Patrick, ever the conscientious uncle, caught this shot of Kellina at her time up.



Then Mark asked Kellina if she wanted to shot something with a bit more punch--a 1917 military-issue 30.06. Kellina stepped right up.



Mark's son David let Kellina take a few shots with his .22 semiauto rifle. Kellina seemed to feel a lot more at home with it.

All in all, it's not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Post a Comment