Thursday, May 21, 2009

Doh! Another exam faux pas.

I got my latest transcript today, and I can't say I'm surprised with my latest grade, I'm a bit irritated. I did well enough to continue, but not as well as I could have, which I knew minutes after leaving the parish hall. As I was driving away, I realized that I had misunderstood the point of one of the questions I had answered. In any case, I'm fairly sure that response hammered the grade for my final, and since that counts for half of the semester's grade... well, there you go. Anyway, I make more of these things than are necessary. I learned a great deal this semester, and I'm looking forward to what comes next.

I'm half the way through the program at Holy Apostles (on the six year program). Fortunately it looks like the course work will cover much of the diaconal studies I have coming up (which means I won't have to endure anymore semesters like this one). I still have discernment for this vocation and a thesis and comprehensive exam to tackle. Please pray for me.

Oh yes, I'm heading to Israel again next week. I hear Steve Ray, Scott Hahn, and Mike Aquilina are all over there right now as well. I'll be arriving on Shavuot, and I have an opportunity to share a Shabbat prayer service and meal with one of my colleagues there. I'm looking forward to the experience.
Post a Comment