Wednesday, March 25, 2009

See You at Easter!

I've decided over the last few days that my Lent has not progressed as I would like. Oh, sure, I've kept (for the most paret) the committments I made. However, I don't feel closer to Christ, and I have really felt distracted and sort of uncentered (perhaps due to all of the studies for Patristics and deacon formation). Anyhow, I've decided that I need to refocus and put my attention somewhere else for the remainder of Lent—primarily on scripture and meditation. I'm going to take a break from blogging (reading and writing) for the time. God bless you all.

Also, please keep in your prayers Bobbie Van Steenburgen, a St. John's parishioner and a member of my wife's small faith community. She has been recivering from her third hip surgery in the last year and fell in the bathroom two nights ago. She struck her head and suffered a subdural hematoma. There were some other complicating factors. Suffice it to say, we're all concerned for her recovery. Please keep her in your prayers.
Post a Comment