Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bleg for Bethlehem's Salesians

Greetings. I'm taking a brief break from me blogging hiatus to let you know what's up. First, I'm heading to Israel again next week for business. Please pray for a safe trip for me. Second, I've been accepted into the aspirancy phase of our diocesan deacon formation program. I could use you prayer for that as well.

And now, the bleg for Bethlehem. While I was traveling last, I met a Salesian priest, Fr. Jacques Amateis, who teaches at the Salesian Technical School in Bethlehem. You can read a bit about it here. He asked if I knew how one goes about raising funds in the U.S. for such missions. I didn't know, but I told him I'd find out.

Well, I found just such a means: the Salesian Missions site. I contacted Br. Emile Dube there, and he arranged a mission code for the Salesian Technical School.

The Salesians believe that the way to reform is through education, and they put that belief into practice. If you have the means, please consider making a donation to them. You can send a check to:

Salesian Missions
2 Lefevre Lane
PO BOX 30
New Rochelle, NY 10802-0030

Please put Code AX in the memo section of your check.

You can also donate online or by phone at 1.888.608.2327.
Post a Comment