Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Few Requests

First, I have some requests for others, not that they asked. And then I have a request and a thought of my own.

One of the parish associates at our parish has a torn meniscus in her knee and will require surgery. Please pray for a rapid recovery.

Second, our parochial vicar is being shipped off to a new assignment. I think it's back in the classroom, which is where he clearly loves to be, so pray for his success in that new position.

Third, I submitted my application today for the deacon formation program here in the Diocese of Boise. I have a long way to go in my faith journey and my vocation (if I have one), and I can use all the prayers you can spare.

Finally, I've been thinking for some time that this blog is yet another voice bleating out in the wilderness. While I don't think I'm a bad writer, I clearly don't have what makes for good blog style. I'm not the type who can dash off something that just works. I have to let ideas stew and simmer—not so good in this environ. Anyway, I think my daliance with blogging is coming to an end and that my time might be better spent studying those things I need to study and praying those prayers I should be praying and writing those papers I should be writing...

You get the picture.

UPDATE: One more request. Just a few minutes after posting, I read that Stephen Curtis Chapman's adopted daughter was struck and killed by an SUV driven by his son. Pray for God's grace and mercy to be with the Chapman family.
Post a Comment