Monday, January 28, 2008

A Pilgrim Returns

I'm back as of yesterday, still not fully recovered from the change in time zones, and probably a little worse for the wear because of whatever bugs my neighbors on the airliner were coughing into the recirculated air.

That notwithstanding, the trip was not only successful, but enjoyable and educational. I had two separate tours through the Old City, both of which gave interesting perspectives on the history there. I had a chance to wave at the birthplace of St. John the Baptist, the Visitation, and the Mt. of Olives and Gethsemane. I walked on the floor of the room where the Last Supper was held, a short distance from the Tomb of King David, and I touched the rock of Golgotha. What morecould you ask from a pilgrimage?

Still in the process of recovering. I started back to work today, and I have to admit that I wasn't as on the ball as I should've been.
Post a Comment