Monday, March 19, 2007

Where have I been?

I've been busy!

Really.

I spent mst of last week in Seattle for a Microsoft summit. That was interesting, particularly since the previous three I've attended were pre-Vista. Last week wasn't the best time for travel. I had a paper due on Saturday and only some of my notes and articles. However, everything went well. I completed the paper without the need of the extension I had requested, and I got a good my grade.

My wife and I managed to miss the underground tour again. However, the tour starts two doors down from Utilikilt, a store that specializes in kilts for everyday wear.

These aren't your traditional tartan kilts. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find anything remotely resembling traditional in this shop. However, they do make a sturdy-looking kilt in a variety of styles. And they absolutely recommend doing manly things in them. They even have a special design for craftsman called the Workman's. (Hey, I didn't name the thing. I know it's a possessive and not a proper noun.)

So you might wonder why I would venture into such a place. Well, as it happens, my wife has been wanting me to get a kilt for a long time—something about having the legs for it. Anyway, I figured it couldn't hurt to look.

Hmmm? Oh, did I try one on? Well, I don't really want to go into a whole lot of detail, and your know, we were rather pressed for time... had to get to the airport and all...

Yes. I tried one on. Darn comfy, if you ask me.

So you might wonder when I plan to order one.

Well, I don't really know if I'm ready to embrace my inner clansman just yet... all things being equal, and being rather partial to tartan anyway...

Um... right.

I'm ordering right now. :-)
Post a Comment