Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Boo, creepy, dissident theologians!

Hooray, class!

My next venture into Catholic theology begins next week. I'm taking my first dogmatic theology class: Norms of Catholic Doctrine. This is my third class and the first that focuses on theology (strictly speaking). I guess this session will tell me if I need to go any further down this path (along with some guidance from the Holy Spirit, of course). I'm planning to focus on dogmatic theology, so I pray that all goes well.

The way the International Catholic University works is that we have lectures on DVD, CD, or VHS. The lecturers are usually well-respected names in the discipline. The lecturer for this course is Marcellino D'Ambrosio. From the looks of the lecture outline, the lectures should be quite detailed. If the lectures are anything like Dr. D'Ambrosio's CDs, then the lectures should be great. We have an online tutor who assesses our work and answer questions we have. Some of these people are pretty well known in their own right. It's not quite like having a class several times a week with Scott Hahn, but it fits in much better with my family life and career.

Maybe someday I'll be able to focus solely on theology, go back to teaching full time, and actually write something that has nothing to do with computer technology. Until then, this will do.

[Technorati tags: Catholic, Catholicism]
Post a Comment