Saturday, December 30, 2006

Memed!

I've been memed, by a Dominican, no less.

The Questions:

(1) Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus:

The Divine Mercy Chaplet and the Jesus prayer.

(2) Favorite Marian devotion or prayer:

The Holy Rosary, although I also try to say the Angelus when I remember.

(3) Do you wear a scapular or medal:

I wear the brown scapular and the Miraculous Medal, which also has the St. Benedict medal. I also ear a crucifix on the same chain as the Miraculous Medal.

(4) Do you have holy water in your home:

Yes.

(5) Do you offer up your sufferings:

I do, but I need to do it with more regularity.

(6) Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays:

No.

(7) Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently:

Not very oten. This is another thing I need to do more frequently.

(8) Are you a Saturday night Mass person or Sunday morning:

Sunday morning, 10:00 at St. John's Cathedral. The choir is excellent,and the music is typically good (though occasionally they sing something by Haugen, Haas, or Shutte).

(9) Do you say prayers at mealtime:

Yes. Always.

(10) Favorite saints:

St. Francis, St. Joseph, St. John the Evangelist, St. Augustine, and St. Thomas Aquinas

(11) Do you know the Apostles Creed by heart:

Yes. However, when I'm the Precentor for Vespers or Compline, I have to read it from the book. That translation uses more archaic language.

(12) Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day:

Yes, whenever the need strikes me. Sometimes it's frequent.

(13) Bonus question: When you pass an accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the persons involved:

I do try.

(14) Wolftracker's bonus question: What sin do you find most difficult to manage from day to day:

I sometimes think uncharitable thoughts. I have to remind myself (or be reminded) that we are all children of God.

Hmmmm. Whom to tag next? Maybe Dorian Speed (formerly the Anonymous Teacher Person)?
Post a Comment