Thursday, November 02, 2006

S.M. Stirling Posts Another Fix

Mr. Stirling has been strining us along, making sure we don't fully recover from A Meeting in Corvalis. He's posted three chapters from the next novel in the series, The Sunrise Lands. Naturally, I've read the first two and printed the third and have set myself up to jones for months after the last sample chapter is posted, essentialy guaranteeing that I'll by that hard-bound copy the moment it hits the bookstore.

Don't let the man fool you. He's not posting those samples to be Mr. Nice Guy.**

Anyway, I'm working in these sample chapters when I get tired of reading The Confusion (Neal Stephenson) and the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Who says I don't get variety?

**Of course, I'm only ribbing S.M. Stirling. I'm quite grateful that I don't have to wait a year to know what happens next to the Bear Killers and Clan MacKenzie.
Post a Comment