Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Life as a Catholic Jerk

or

The new Compendium is here! The new Compendium is here!

Okay, I know I'm a little slow at responding, but when the Compendium of the Catechism Catholic Church came out, I was in the process of moving and a little cash poor. Then I had to pay for the summer semester at Holy Apostles and buy my books. One complaint I have about the International Catholic University program is that many of the books are rare and durn near impossible to get. So I waited until those bills were paid off before ordering two copies of the Compendium.

Did I mention that the new Compendium is here?

Anyway, I noticed that the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church has been noted in the Idaho Catholic Register, but I have yet to see mention of the other. So I'll just have to find time to write a review I guess. I sometimes get the impression that items of importance to moral formation get less publicity in our diocesan paper than items of importance to social doctrine.

[Technorati tags: Christianity, Catholic, Catholicism, Church History]
Post a Comment