Thursday, April 13, 2006

More from the Bishop

I noted in the combox of an earlier post that some interesting new developments have occurred concerning the letter I wrote to the bishop. It would be nice to think my letter had something to do with it, but I'm sure he received more letters than mine.

Anyway, Bishopn Driscoll put an article in the Idaho Catholic Register that made his position crystal clear:

"To sum up, the Church has been and is very clear about its definition of marriage. The Catholic Church in these United States sees that the nature and purpose of marriage established by God can only be the union of a man and a woman and must remain such in our civil laws."

He then called upon us to form our consciences based on Sacred Scripture and Tradition.

All I can say is, "GO, BISHOP DRISCOLL!"

I hope to hear more of this line of thought from our shepherd.
Post a Comment