Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Whassup wid da Coidman?

I didn't fulfill my promise to blog more over the holidays. Instead I decided to do something I haven't done in several years—I took a lengthy vacation (lengthy being a week or more). I read, played games, worked out, ate, and essentially ignored work.

I've been catching back up on work, and I'm not taking a class this semester, so now I have no excuse. Okay, that's not true. I do have an excuse, which I'll get to in a moment. However, I will try to be more diligent.

So whassup?

- Finally got the Christian rock band going. I burned CDs of the covers we'll be doing. Once we get a handle on everyone's style, we can start to write some originals.

- Got my first report card from Holy Apostles a few weeks ago. Got my final exam yesterday. I'm okay with the final grade but not so happy with my exam grade. My biggest complaint is that I'd like to understand the reason for the exam grade, but I can't read the comments. However, I dose of humility is not a bad thing for me. I'll most likely take another class during the summer session and attempt to regularize my attendance after that. This semester, though, would've been a bear because...

- We made an offer on a house, and it has been accepted contingent on the inspection. We'll need to paint and recarpet before we can move in (heavy smokers), and the timing for closing is particularly bad. I have to be in San Diego for a good part of the week after closing. Anyway, please pray for us and a smooth closing.

I do have a request for you all, though. One of my fellow kung-fu practitioners, a Catholic and retired USAF pilot recently lost his neice. She graduated from the USAF Academy last spring and was in pilot training in September, where she was critically injured in a training flight. She crawled out of the wrreckage with burns over 60% of her body. She fought for the last 3 months but finally passed away last week. Please pray for her soul and for her family'shealing.

Finally, instead of focusing on work and closing on this house, I've volunteered myself to substitute in the cathedral's chancel choir next week. I'll be reading at the compline service next Wednesday (1/25) at 6:00 PM and standing in for my dad the following Sunday (1/29) for 8:00 AM Mass. If you're in Boise then, drop in and say hello. I'll be the one in the red cassock and white surplice.
Post a Comment