Thursday, September 22, 2005

Paper Done and Graded

Yay! Paper's done. I turned it in Tuesday morning and got it back a few hours later. I want to follow up on a few questions, but I can't complain about the grade.

The next lecture covers the liberal arts. Having two liberal-arts degrees, I have to agree wholeheartedly with the value of broad LA education, although I do wish I'd spent a bit more time in math. Mrs. Mims was right!

I know many people with business degrees who can do nothing else but what they do. I know people with English and Philosophy degrees who work in the tech fields during the day and write or perform music in the evenings. No doubt, our world wouldn't be the same without the engineers, but I do get a little irritated when I hear technical writers derided for being English majors.

My own musical endeavors haven't gone anywhere recently. I'm supposed to start a Christian rock band with a friend from back in my professional-musician days. I don't think I'll be doing anything of the sort this semester.

Back to work, me!
Post a Comment